Dear Listers!

There will be major changes in our Remedy system architecture soon and we are
trying to be prepared with a concept to support it.

Our company currently uses one production server for ticketing purpose. The
server is located in Europe.
According to the new plans, there will be a new production server deployed for
the USA region. Both these servers has to be real-time synchronized and they
would have to contain the same case related data, so that they can replace each
other in case of failures or outages.

The no-brainer solution of course would be DSO. But considering the amount of
data to be transferred, our belief is that with DSO the overhead on the systems
will be huge and this leads to intensive network traffic that would cause
performance problems for us.

We are planning to use a solution based on a database syncronization product
called Shareplex for Oracle.

Does anyone of you have experience in synchronizing Remedy using this product?
What are you guys using for syncing your systems?

I would appreciate if you shared your ideas with me.

Thanks,
Zoltan