In many environments, DSO will work just fine.  Where the network
performance is less than optimal, I wouldn't probably choose it as my first
option.  I have seen it at times not handle hiccups very well (though that
was a couple of versions ago), and if that is still a possibility, given his
requirement, that would be a potential problem at a critical time.

Rick