I have never used Shareplex but have talked to some people that supported a
large DoD agency that used it (I think maybe the project Dylan worked on).
It sounded pretty impressive performance wise and they were happy with it.
>From what I understand there are a few things to watch out for like doing
admin work as LJ has suggested and I think that it takes a while to get it
all setup and working as desired.

In regards to DSO, the same large DoD agency (in another area) has (or had)
a pretty good size DSO infrastructure to pass requests to the various Remedy
systems.  One draw back to this is that none of the admin code is
synchronized and you would have to run DSO filters/mappings on all forms
that you want to replicate/fail over.  If you are looking for complete data
synchronization I could see how this could be a lot to manage and this would
not replicate admin changes.  This was all fine for this implementation
because they only synchronized data between one form and this also allowed
them to keep their own systems customized.

I mentioned that they had a DSO infrastructure...  They have mostly moved to
ARSXML (looks like it now called ARSXLink).  This is a better product for
their application.  I think the performance is better and it is more
reliable.  It also handles data conflicts better then DSO.  I believe that
Gidd is a reseller of ARSXML. Here is a link
http://www.ntuition.de/index.php?arsxlink_en.

HTH,
Jason