  _____

From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of William Rentfrow
Sent: Wednesday, May 14, 2008 3:01 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Field Meta Properties?

I'm going to put this in as an RFE - I highly expect to get shot down even
though it would save a LOT of coding work at times.

First though I thought I'd ask for input and criticism of the idea.

Frequently I want workflow to fire on dependencies like a field being
visible/hidden or a field value having been changed.  TR/DB value
comparisons frequently do not do it depending on what I'm trying to
accomplish.

What I'd really like to be able to do at least in Active Links is a "Run IF"
that went something like:

'Status'.changed=1

or

'Myfield".visible=0

Just about every GUI coding platform I've seen has things like this.

I'm also going to put in an RFE for improved logging for things like Dialog
Open/Close field mappings, etc.

Crazy requests?  What say you?

William Rentfrow, Principal Consultant

[EMAIL PROTECTED]