I second Gary as I ahve actually done such things in the past and had the
functionality work pretty good..
Joe

----- Original Message ----
From: Gary Opela (Corporate) <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Sent: Wednesday, May 14, 2008 3:54:53 PM
Subject: Re: Field Meta Properties?

**
You can simulate TR/DB functionality in active links by looking at the value in
the database and comparing it to the current value.

Set tmpStatus = (lookup status from DB where Request ID = Request ID)
If tmpStatus != Status, then fire.

This requires an extra field and one extra active link. You could get away with
using the same tmp field for all of your workflow if you want to keep the
number of objects down. This is important if you have users that open many many
windows at once.

I highly doubt they will ever add this as an RFE. You can try though JI’ve got
stuff from several years ago out three still!

Thanks,

Gary Opela, Jr., RSP
Remedy Engineer
Leader Communications, Inc.
http://www.5pointleader.com
http://www.lcibest.com
Best Product, Best People, Best PriceTM
An ISO 9001:2000 Certified, CMMI® Level 3 Rated Company