-----Original Message-----
From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Rick Cook
Sent: Friday, June 13, 2008 11:46 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: OT: BBQ tour

** My son just graduated from HS, and will leave for the Marines in
October.  Sometime between now and then, he and I are going to drive
cross-country on a BBQ tour.  We'll start and end in Seattle, but we
intend to hit all of the areas of the country famous for BBQ:  Texas,
Louisiana, the rest of the South, North Carolina, Memphis, Chicago, and
Kansas City.

We're still planning the specifics, and here's where all y'all come in:

I would love to know THE places to go in your part of the country
(assuming it's one I mentioned above - this will be almost entirely
SOUTH of the Mason-Dixon line) for outstanding BBQ, whether they're
famous or a hole-in-the-wall.  We'll stay away from big chains for the
most part (we have Famous Dave's up here), unless it is a local/regional
one with a good local reputation.

Thanks in advance for sharing!

Rick
html___