The state is not on your list but Good Wood in Utah is the best BBQ in the
state.

Rick

>>> Rick Cook <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 6/13/2008 9:46 AM >>>
** My son just graduated from HS, and will leave for the Marines in October.
Sometime between now and then, he and I are going to drive cross-country on a
BBQ tour.  We'll start and end in Seattle, but we intend to hit all of the
areas of the country famous for BBQ:  Texas, Louisiana, the rest of the South,
North Carolina, Memphis, Chicago, and Kansas City.

We're still planning the specifics, and here's where all y'all come in:

I would love to know THE places to go in your part of the country (assuming
it's one I mentioned above - this will be almost entirely SOUTH of the
Mason-Dixon line) for outstanding BBQ, whether they're famous or a
hole-in-the-wall.  We'll stay away from big chains for the most part (we have
Famous Dave's up here), unless it is a local/regional one with a good local
reputation.

Thanks in advance for sharing!

Rick
__Platinum Sponsor: www.rmsportal.com ARSlist: "Where the Answers Are" html___