From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList) <arslist@ARSLIST.ORG>
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG <arslist@ARSLIST.ORG>
Sent: Fri Jun 20 15:28:47 2008
Subject: Re: Trying to Load Assets into CMDB/Asset Inventory

Another option is the Atrium Integration Engine.  It allows you to map
directly into CMDB classes as well as normal AR forms.  It will map from
flat files or other databases.  I'm pulling asset data from SQL Server into
Remedy.  I would caution you however, the AIE is incredibly temperamental.
But when it works it's really easy.

I have found it a good idea to create a staging dataset from the CMDB
console, and then setup a reconciliation job to move the data it into your
production dataset.  This allows you to import from multiple data sources
and configure precedences.