I had this problem not too long ago and the problem was that the user account
used to start the email engine got knocked out of the administrator group on
the server.  Check the user account or the service account used to start the
service if it's a member of the administrator on the local machine.

From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList) [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of Opela, Gary L CTR USAF AFMC 72 CS/SCBAH
Sent: Tuesday, September 09, 2008 6:23 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Email Engine will not start -- Failed to load java virtual machine.

**
I'm running java version 1.6.0.7 (java 6 update 7) and remedy version 6.3.

My email engine crashed a few days ago and I cannot get it to come up. I'm
getting the error:
The Remedy Email Engine service on Local Computer started and then stopped.
Some services stop automatically if they have no work to do, for example, the
Performance Logs and Alerts service.

There is a chance that my Email Server User's password expired. Just in case, I
reset his password in Active Directory and in the AR System Email Mailbox
Configuration Form. I then tried to restart the email engine, but it was to no
avail. I have not yet restarted remedy, I'm trying to avoid that.

Still, whenever I try to restart the engine, in the event log, I see the
following three errors:

Type: Error  Event ID: 4098
The AR System Email Engine service failed to start.

Type: Error  Event ID: 4096
Could not load the Java Virtual Machine

Type: Error   Event ID: 4097
The LoadLibrary function failed for the following reason: The specified module
could not be found.
.

It sounds like it's having java errors big time. Does anyone have any
suggestions? I navigated to my email directory and there were two log files,
stderr and stdout. Neither of them had any relevant information. The
arerror.log doesn't say anything either.

Thanks,

Gary Opela, Jr.

__Platinum Sponsor: www.rmsportal.com ARSlist: "Where the Answers Are" html___

NOTICE: This e-mail (and any attachments) may contain PRIVILEGED OR
CONFIDENTIAL information and is intended only for the use of the specific
individual(s) to whom it is addressed. It may contain information that is
privileged and confidential under state and federal law. This information may
be used or disclosed only in accordance with law, and you may be subject to
penalties under law for improper use or further disclosure of the information
in this e-mail and its attachments. If you have received this e-mail in error,
please immediately notify the person named above by reply e-mail, and then
delete the original e-mail. Thank you.