Another reason I install Java in D:\Program Files\Java\jre and D:\Program
Files\Java\jdk

That way, if someone updates Java the paths all stay the same and (most
of) this pain is avoided.

:-)

Tony

--
Tony Worthington
Sr. Technical Analyst

"J.T. Shyman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
<arslist@ARSLIST.ORG>
09/09/2008 09:30 AM
Please respond to
arslist@ARSLIST.ORG

arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
cc

Subject
Re: Email Engine will not start -- Failed to load java virtual machine
-resolved thanks to norm.

Good point, Norm.

Truthfully, in any production or near-production environment, for any
application not just Remedy, automatic updates are probably a bad idea.
Updates should be tested carefully prior to implementation.

I can remember a handful of times where a windows update broke a
line-of-business application.

--- J.T. Shyman