Basil,
That's interesting. To have to go back to older dlls.
My solaris server is far away, so I have to see if
changing dlls for clients will work.

Kelley,
I was asked to upgrade to 9005, so I have given up
trying 9003 to work against solaris server. 9003 works
fine against my windows ARS server.

Now I am having issue having the upgrade install work.
Even after wiping out all traces of 9003, the 9005
install says "unsuccessful" at the end.

Error log always shows that "RIK" had some issue
(1055)  working on defs listed on one xml file or
another. It's a different xml every time. I haven't
been able to find out what error 1055 is.

By the way, I found that while using this tool on
windows server (9003, probably true of 9005 as well)--
(1) having any record for DLD on CAI:Events form with
an error causes the tool to hang next time. Must
remove all DLD (error or no error) before doing next
validation or promotion.
(2) trying to speed up the load or validation by
disabling some records on DLD:DataLoadOrder form, is a
bad idea. It works for some loads, but not for others,
even when I left that one "system" record alone.

--- "Webster, Basil" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

=== message truncated ===