________________________________

From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Joe DeSouza
Sent: Thursday, October 09, 2008 1:18 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Job: Remedy Developer (Mid Level) - Contract - Baltimore,
MD - Kforce

**
That really depends on the definition of 'qualified' people doesn't it.
I mean why would someone who is really qualified (in the true sense of
the word) accept something lesser than what he/she thinks she is capable
of making. Especially when you know that the city you are going to be
working in would not afford you even the bare minimum at 2200 a week,
which leaves you with a fraction over 1500 after taxes.

My average travel expense on this project is sometimes almost that much
even at optimized rates as I do a corporate rate on both my hotels and
my rental car to save a few hundred bucks. So what are you left with -
like a 100 bucks a week if you accept 55 an hour all inclusive? It would
be cheaper to work in social services at that rate and get a tax break!

It would be nice to hear from people who accept those kind of rates on
how they manage their economics! I know I sure as hell wouldn't be able
to manage mine at those rates..

Joe