From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arsl...@arslist.org] On Behalf Of Wheeler, Dylan
Sent: Monday, January 26, 2009 9:10 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: My Entitled Products problem

I didn't want to save this for more Friday humor this week. I got
another response to this from support and here is a short outtake from
it.

In our new EPD search tool, I got the below information associated with
your company name.

XXXXXX  FASTTRACK       2009-12-30      BMC Remedy IT Service Management
Suite

Unfortunately, I don't find BMC Remedy AR System Server listed as your
company owned products, I am afraid it is the cause that you are not
able to download it. For now you can click the "request trial" button to
get a trial version for BMC Remedy AR System Server, or maybe contact
our Sales Representative for trial version.

For the record, we just moved back to BMC for support and bought the new
ITSM licensing schema. I guess according to support, when you buy the
ITSM suite, you get Asset, Change, Incident, Problem, etc, but you don't
get ARS? hah

I now have a headache and a dent in my desk.

Dylan
Pacific Life

Quoting "Pierson, Shawn" <shawn.pier...@sug.com>:

> I see all three versions of everything logged in on mine.  I think
> what David is pointing at is that in some cases there are multiple
> support ids, and that if you don't have the right one that your
> support contract is tied to, you may not be able to download them.
> That still doesn't explain why you can see ARS 7.1, but I've seen
> situations like that before.  Once BMC created a separate support id
> for us to download a demo of something, and my coworker at the time
>  made that his primary support id on his profile.  That caused some
> issues, and it could be similar to what you are running into.
>
> I'm not saying this is the case, but you may want to double check
> your support ids at least to eliminate that as a factor.
>
> Shawn Pierson

Software, Inc.