Hi,

If you use ARAdmin for the application and RRR|Chive to move the data,
there process is quite easily accomplished.

I just did this at a customer site myself, where we moved from
6.3/Unix/Oracle to 7.1/Windows/MS-SQL.

RRR|Chive can do incremental data copies of the data, so if you have both
servers up and running parallell, you can minimize downtime and test your
new server thoroughly before you make the switch.

The big issue was the char-field-length. A single-byte-character can
become a multi-byte-character in Unicode. We had to extend some fields to
have room for the unicode-version of the old data...

Another issue was that data exported through ARAdmin with a Deployable
Application was not handled ok. You must use arx-files and ARImport, or
something like RRR|Chive.

        Best Regards - Misi, RRR AB, http://www.rrr.se

Products from RRR Scandinavia:
* RRR|Translator - Manage and automate your language translations.