From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arsl...@arslist.org] On Behalf Of Rabi Tripathi
Sent: Thursday, February 05, 2009 4:30 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: 7.x Midtier: Report to File Doesn't Work

**
Hi all,
I can't seem to send a report to a "file" when using browser client.
Report to "screen" works fine.

This is what I do--
Using IE 7, search for some records, highlight the results, click on
"Report" button.
"ReportSelection" form opens.
I select a "AR System" type of report, set destination to "file",
"report format" to "csv"
On clicking "Run Report", I do get a prompt to specify file name. No way
to select a path for the file.
On clicking ok, the prompt disappears. The file is nowhere in my file
system. No error.

If destination is "file", not matter what the "report format", I get the
same behavior.

Report to screen is working.

What's going on?

ARS 7.1 p5, Midtier 7.1 p5. Apache, Weblogic. IE 7.

I see that there is a knowledgebase article (20007821) about how upgrade
from older version to ARS 7.x fails to update records on "ReportType"
form. My records there seem ok, and its not an upgraded system.

If report to file from a browser is working for you, can somebody sendme
records from their ReportType form?

TIA.

__Platinum Sponsor: RMI Solutions ARSlist: "Where the Answers Are"
html___

and
may contain information that is privileged and confidential. If the reader of
the
attachments from your system.