** I have done something like this. Basically you send them to a redirect html the goes to the form and view you want and that uses the generic username/password.

Rocky

Rocky Rockwell
mgrockw...@verizon.net
Ph#1: 325-884-1234
Ph#2: 325-884-1263
Mobile: 325-450-1297

http://www.linkedin.com/in/mgrockwell

Steven Pataray wrote:
**
I would like to create a URL using parameters to autologon to mid-tier using the documented  http://<mid_tier_server>/arsys/servlet/ViewFormServlet?form=<form_name>&server=<server_name>&username=<user_name>&pwd=<password>&eid=<ticketnumber> string but don't want the username and pwd parameters to be specified in the URL string within the email notification (ref page 447 of the Basic Guide-630)

Any suggestions on how I can accomplish this? I want to use this method so I can create an online form that the user can access and update but don't want the user to have to logon to Mid-Tier. The usename and password passed would be a gereric username and password.

I was thinking maybe I can use two forms (parent/child). By specifying the parent form in the url but when you open the parent form it pops up the child form which the user updates.

ARSystem 6.03.00 Patch 024
Oracle 10g (10.1.0.4.0 - 64bi)
HelpDesk 6.3

Thanks,
Steve
__Platinum Sponsor: RMI Solutions ARSlist: "Where the Answers Are" html___
__Platinum Sponsor: RMI Solutions ARSlist: "Where the Answers Are" html___