Have you indicated the tcp port on the netcool server via environment
variables?  ARTCPPORT etc...

From:
James Pifer <j...@obrien-pifer.com>
To:
arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Date:
03/19/2009 06:34 AM
Subject:
Port issues with Netcool Gateway connecting to ARS 7.1
Sent by:
"Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)" <arslist@ARSLIST.ORG>

We just upgraded our server from Win32/ARS 6.x to Linux/ARS 7.1. We also
use Netcool and I'm having trouble getting Netcool's Remedy Gateway to
connect to the new server. Couple questions:

We're running ARS on port 9901. Clients connect fine and I can see in a
netstat -a that it's listening, but nmap from another machine does not
see the port 9901 open. I assume it's a TCP port.

No firewalls are enabled.

Netcool support also wants me to telnet to the server using port 9901
and verify the credentials to login. I do not get a response trying to
telnet to the port.

Should this work?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
James

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:
This is a transmission from Kohl's Department Stores, Inc.
and may contain information which is confidential and proprietary.
If you are not the addressee, any disclosure, copying or distribution or use of
the contents of this message is expressly prohibited.
If you have received this transmission in error, please destroy it and notify
us immediately at 262-703-7000.

CAUTION:
Internet and e-mail communications are Kohl's property and Kohl's reserves the
right to retrieve and read any message created, sent and received.  Kohl's
reserves the right to monitor messages by authorized Kohl's Associates at any
time
without any further consent.