Yes - depending on your shell/os.  I remember us having this same issue a
while back.  The env variable resolved our issues.

From:
James Pifer <j...@obrien-pifer.com>
To:
arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Date:
03/19/2009 08:37 AM
Re: Port issues with Netcool Gateway connecting to ARS 7.1
Sent by:
"Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)" <arslist@ARSLIST.ORG>

On Thu, 2009-03-19 at 08:29 -0500, Tony Worthington wrote:
> ** Have you indicated the tcp port on the netcool server via
> environment variables?  ARTCPPORT etc...

Not in the environment variables, only in the conf. Can you give me more
info on the environment variable? Would it be:
ARTCPPORT=9901;export ARTCPPORT
?

Relevant section of ARS_GATE.conf:

START WRITER ARS_WRITER
(
        TYPE = ARS,                             # Action Request System
        REVISION = 1,                           # Revision One (not really
needed)
        MAP = ARS_MAP,                          # Name of map to use
        SERVER = 'myserver.mydomain.com',         # ARS server to connect
        ARS_PORT = 9901,                        # RPC Port to use.
        SCHEMA = 'HPDSK:Help Desk',             # ARS schema name
        USER = 'username',                       # ARS user name
        PASSWORD = 'password',                   # ARS password
        FEEDBACK = TRUE,                        # Set FEEDBACK to TRUE
        FEEDBACK_SERVER = NCOMS,                # Which server for
feedback
        FEEDBACK_FIELD = 'ARTicketNum',         # Which field in feedback
server
        FORWARD_DELETES = FALSE,                 # Forward deletes to ARS
        COUNTER_PART = TICKETONLY_READER,       # Bi-directional
counter-part.
        REPOPULATE_ARTICKETNUM = TRUE,          # If ARTicket is lost
repopulate feedback
        UPDATE_ACTION_SQL =
'/opt/netcool/omnibus/gates/remedy/update_action.remedy.sql',
        CLOSE_ACTION_SQL  =
'/opt/netcool/omnibus/gates/remedy/close_action.remedy.sql',
        MODULE_REVISION = 5                     # Depends on version
number of the nco_arwmodule
);

Thanks,
James

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:
This is a transmission from Kohl's Department Stores, Inc.
and may contain information which is confidential and proprietary.
If you are not the addressee, any disclosure, copying or distribution or use of
the contents of this message is expressly prohibited.
If you have received this transmission in error, please destroy it and notify
us immediately at 262-703-7000.

CAUTION:
Internet and e-mail communications are Kohl's property and Kohl's reserves the
right to retrieve and read any message created, sent and received.  Kohl's
reserves the right to monitor messages by authorized Kohl's Associates at any
time
without any further consent.