On Thu, 2009-03-19 at 08:29 -0500, Tony Worthington wrote:
> ** Have you indicated the tcp port on the netcool server via
> environment variables?  ARTCPPORT etc...

Not in the environment variables, only in the conf. Can you give me more
info on the environment variable? Would it be:
ARTCPPORT=9901;export ARTCPPORT
?

Relevant section of ARS_GATE.conf:

START WRITER ARS_WRITER
(
        TYPE = ARS,                             # Action Request System
        REVISION = 1,                           # Revision One (not really
needed)
        MAP = ARS_MAP,                          # Name of map to use
        SERVER = 'myserver.mydomain.com',         # ARS server to connect to
        ARS_PORT = 9901,                        # RPC Port to use.
        SCHEMA = 'HPDSK:Help Desk',             # ARS schema name
        USER = 'username',                       # ARS user name
        PASSWORD = 'password',                   # ARS password
        FEEDBACK = TRUE,                        # Set FEEDBACK to TRUE
        FEEDBACK_SERVER = NCOMS,                # Which server for feedback
        FEEDBACK_FIELD = 'ARTicketNum',         # Which field in feedback server
        FORWARD_DELETES = FALSE,                 # Forward deletes to ARS
        COUNTER_PART = TICKETONLY_READER,       # Bi-directional counter-part.
        REPOPULATE_ARTICKETNUM = TRUE,          # If ARTicket is lost
repopulate feedback
        UPDATE_ACTION_SQL =
'/opt/netcool/omnibus/gates/remedy/update_action.remedy.sql',
        CLOSE_ACTION_SQL  =
'/opt/netcool/omnibus/gates/remedy/close_action.remedy.sql',
        MODULE_REVISION = 5                     # Depends on version number of
the nco_arwmodule
);

Thanks,
James