This has bugged me for a while.  I think the last time I remember it working
was somewhere around ARS 4 (maybe 5).  You had to click in a blank area of
the form to set the focus but it worked.  Odd thing is that I have noticed
recently that the touch pad on my Toshiba Tecra laptop will scroll on WUT
forms.  So now I am starting to think it is driver/device related seeing as
my hardware probably changed around the ARS 4/5 days also.

Not sure if this is feasible in your environment.  I have recently started
using a free utility called KatMouse (http://kickme.to/katmouse).  It will
will scroll on whatever is under the mouse regardless of which window has
focus.  It does take a little getting used to not being able to scroll a
selection menu unless you are hovering over it.  Scroll --> Ctrl + Y,
repeat  used to be  nice way to update a selection list field, save and move
to the next record.  Now you have to make sure you are right over the field.

HTH,
Jason