Ah the Status Reason field.  The field that is supposed to be Data driven
in version 7.0 but not realy.
Yes thats how I was planning it to work.  I was trying to avoid hard
coding in the attributes of the selection field and using the Data driven
path, but I already have the field processing other workflow.
Maybe Joe . suggestion on External Qualification in an AL is way to go.
I need to look into how that works, I've only done it once before.

JK

Lyle Taylor <tayl...@ldschurch.org>
<arslist@ARSLIST.ORG>
07/08/2009 12:46 PM
Please respond to
arslist@ARSLIST.ORG

arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
cc

Subject
Re: Selection Menu Question

**
You bring up something that I?ve been wondering about.  What?s the point
in having the hidden selection field for Status Reason?  What purpose does
it serve that couldn?t be met by simply storing the status reason, or
using a character field to store it?s Request ID, GUID, selection value,
or whatever other unique key you want to use?  That way, it would be
completely configurable and would not require both configuration and
customization to add or remove status reasons.

Thanks,
Lyle