From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arsl...@arslist.org] On Behalf Of Kelly Gatewood
Sent: Wednesday, July 08, 2009 10:13 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Selection Menu Question

**
John,

A good example of this is how BMC handle the Status Reason field in ITSM 7.x.

They have the standard selection field (but it is hidden) and then have a
character field with a menu (which has the values that you filter).

What happens, is when you choose the menu value, workflow then sets the
appropriate value of the selection field.

Thanks

Kelly Gatewood
Senior Solutions Architect
IT Prophets