You can go to yahoo developer and do this.

http://developer.yahoo.com/maps/rest/V1/geocode.html

1.       Get an application ID (Free and easy)

2.       Use the following:

http://local.yahooapis.com/MapsService/V1/geocode?appid=YD-9G7bey8_JXxQP
6rxl.fBFGgCdNjoDMACQA--&street=701+First+Ave&city=Sunnyvale&state=CA

replacing your application ID & address.

3.       The results will have the zip code if valid address/found
address

Thanks,

Mark