From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arsl...@arslist.org] On Behalf Of Joe DeSouza
Sent: Thursday, September 24, 2009 17:48
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: WS to query Zip Codes given Address, City, State..

**
Has anyone heard of any free (wishful thinking) and yet reliable (even more
wishful thinking) web services for querying a zip code given the Address, City
and State information? I probably need this as a one time query while importing
site information. I was hoping to create a Filter to fire on MERGE to set the
Zip Code field using the Set Fields operation from any such web-service..

I would prefer setting the Zip Code from the Address, City and State
information I have rather than setting it from the data file as I have reasons
to doubt the quality of the data that I have received as I see several
addresses that have two completely different zip codes for the same address..
and they are off by not a single digit or something - way way off.. Probably a
result of modifications done through Excel after the use of a bad bad filter..

The list of sites I have is only about 600, which does not really justify me
asking for buying a web service for one time use, yet I do not see myself
looking up each address and correcting it manually..

I just did a google search for the above but I cannot say I found anything
useful.

Joe