Hi list.

We just went through and upgraded to ARS 7.1 p7, ITSM 7.0.3 p9, running CMDB
2.1 p3 on windows 2000 server group in preparation for the move to 7.5.  We
have IM/PM/CM and SLM.  Sql 2005 database.

Now it appears that the cmdb engine/process isn't firing when we attempt to
create a CI through (as an example) AST:Computer Sytem or
BMC:CORE:BMC_ComputerSystem.  It appears to save but in actuality, it
doesn't.  I've looked at the armonitor.cfg which has the proper entries for
the cmdb executables.

"D:\Program Files\AR System Applications\<Server>\BMC Atrium
CMDB\server\bin\arcmdbd.exe" -i "d:\Program Files\AR System\<Server>" -m

"D:\Program Files\AR System Applications\<Server>\BMC Atrium
CMDB\server\bin\arrecond.exe" -i "d:\Program Files\AR System\<Server>" -m

I've restarted the services on both servers in the group, as well as go
rebooting both boxes completely.  No change.

Also, when I try to make an attribute change in the CMDB Console, it just
sits on "Change Pending" and doesn't move.  There is nothing showing in the
log.

So I'm led to believe that

a)      The processes aren't starting up correctly.

Or

b)      There is a broken link somewhere that I just can't find.

I'd greatly appreciate any help.

Thanks

Edward