Edward,

The processes you mention are not involved in creating CIs manually.

It looks like some filters associated with the AST and/or BMC forms have
been lost.

Open the admin tool and look at the filters on, for example, the
AST:Computer and BMC.CORE:BMC_ComputerSystem forms.

Compare these with a working system to identify if any have been lost.

Cheers

Peter