From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arsl...@arslist.org] On Behalf Of Differ, Alfred W CTR NAVSEA, 210
Sent: Tuesday, November 24, 2009 12:54 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Repair of CMDB forms

Hi all,

ARS 7.1
ITSM 7.0.3 p7

I'm currently putting our CMDB stuff back together and have a question about
the 'custom' tabs that appear in the forms.  My dev system has 8 custom tabs
for the base element form and my prod system has none.  I'm wondering if anyone
can tell me which installer puts those in.  They look like asset management
things to me mostly, but I want to double check.

When I ran the asset management installer I got a whole sheaf of errors about
missing forms and such, so I'm trying to work my way backwards to the thing I
have to do again to get this all working again.

For a little background, our CMDB was quite mangled.  I had to follow the
instructions for uninstalling it.  Of course, removing it also removed a lot of
join forms that depend on it and I did that.  I was hoping that reinstalling
the CMDB and then coming back through with the other module installers
afterward would be enough to put it all back together.  So far, it's looking
like that is not the case.  Anyone have experience with this?  Anyone able to
tell me how deep the quicksand is that I've stumbled into?  8)

-al

copies of the original message.