Kathy,

I know you mentioned in the past that in your environment, the
developers for some insane reason, is moving data from IMPORT.TOPO to
BMC.ASSET using backend DB scripts and NOT using the Recon engine.
Because of this, it's hard for us to tell you what the impact of you
purging IMPORT.TOPO will do. The reason is that we do not know what key
fields these custom scripts are using or even how this is done.

In a normal environment, the Recon job OOB for Topology actually does
delete the data from the dataset so  you could just the purge job to
delete all the data in IMPORT.TOPO and then resynchronize your
application.

This is one more reason your developers should reconsider using the
Recon engine instead of custom scripts...

Tauf Chowdhury | Forest Laboratories, Inc.

Analyst, Service Management

Mobile:646.483.2779