From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arsl...@arslist.org] On Behalf Of John Sundberg
Sent: Tuesday, April 06, 2010 3:47 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: OT:Kinetic apps and some iPad fun

**

I have been sent a couple of links to external facing ARS -- both I think
were 7.6.

One was ITSM 7.6

One was a custom simple app

Unfortunately - neither worked.

I did not do a lot of testing -- as the issues I found were early show
stoppers:

1) You cannot select an item in a row (rendering consoles useless) (The iPad
asks me if I want to copy the row)

2) You cannot select an item in a dropdown menu (rendering my available
forms useless) (The iPad does nothing -- as if I have not clicked on it at
all)

I could however login and see the homepage.

I was able to click on "approval central" and technically "get there" --
however error messages that popped must have been serious enough - as I was
unable to do anything once I got there. (meaning -- I was not able to select
the "Approval tasks" (Needs Attention, etc...) or again -- any dropdown
menus)

So -- I was unable to look at any console/click on a record/and see an
entry.

Also -- I was unable to create a record - as the forms I had access to seem
to all have at least one menu (Priority for example)

It is early days -- I expect BMC will be able to address.

I did check to see if the browser on the iPad is Acid3 compliant -- it
appears it is.

http://img.skitch.com/20100406-kutr5pmp4c3ud5ch4fire9i76s.jpg

-John