Hi all,
I need to provide a way a program can ask Remedy if a ticket number exists.

Web services is out (mismatch of Mid-tier and ARS versions). I am looking for
any other simple solution.

I tried a query with runmacro.exe, hoping i can somehow trick it into letting
me know if the query matched any record or not, but it turns out its not
designed to output anything to standard output, other than "macro xx processing
completed".
I am trying the -o (output to file) option, which may work (working on getting
the query criteria right), but appears to be very slow.

I am considering a Perl script that will take a ticket number and simply
respond with something like yes or no. I will likely turn it into an .exe using
perl2exe. We use a lot of Perl, but all of it is on the server side and on
Solaris. This will be the first time doing it on Windows, so I wish I could
avoid having to open this can of worms to build and maintain.

Before I go that route, I want to pick your brain and see if I have overlooked
any other simple solution.

Thanks in advance.