You’re the one that said:

From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arsl...@arslist.org]on Behalf Of oracle...@aol.com
Sent: Monday, April 19, 2010 2:39 PM

Yes - they trial last for 30-60 days, and I want to be able to develop without
using my client's server.
Kind of like in the old days when we had UNLIMITED access under demo.

I wasn’t making up something, that was your quote.

But looking back in the archives I see that you called yourself a “Newbie” in a
post dated Feb 2009. By your own words, you’ve only been around this product
for about a year, so you know nothing about the “old days”.

You need to distinguish between DEMO and TRIAL.

DEMO mode offers year round access, full ARS functionality with slight
restrictions, those being 2000 records PER FORM (not total) and 3 fixed
licenses.

TRIAL is completely unlimited access, unlimited records, full functionality,
without fee. Thus TRIAL has a time constraint.

Again:

·         If you’re just doing independent development of custom apps, your
technical needs are met. Year round access with full ARS functionality but
limited licenses and limited to 2000 records per form is plenty (the community
has been doing it for years) and you’re just complaining to complain.

·         If you’re developing for a legit client who has implemented the ITSM
Suite, they need a licensed dev server.

·         If you’re developing independently against the ITSM Suite, you have a
valid complaint with regards to the fact that you can’t install it at all and
do anything with it on the development side and I agree with you. BMC should
offer some sort of developer access to the suite.

Lastly, if you’re truly the type of person that makes decisions and advises
clients based on the fact that a company got on your nerves because they don’t
have the exact developer format that you “need” instead of being based on the
real power and long term benefit of the product line, then I feel sorry for
your clients; glad to see you moving on to other products and I wish I knew
your real name so I wouldn’t accidently hire you in the future.

Tim Powell