From: Ex Soundgarden <thewallstre...@yahoo.com>
Sent: Tuesday, May 04, 2010 2:36 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: UNIX to Windows Remedy Migration

Hi ARSListers!

We're currently planning to migrate existing Remedy environment in Sun Solaris
to Windows Server. Below is the current system information:

ARS 7.0.1 p10 running on Sun Solaris 10
Oracle 10g running on the same server
Mid-tier 7.0.1 patch 6 running on MS Windows Server 2003
Memory size 8GB
4 UltraSPARC-IIIi virtual processors each running on 1.6GHz
No ITSM applications installed. AR System is used for in-house developed
applications (consisting of 1052 forms).
average of 60-70 concurrent users. 600 registered users

Initial possible scenario I’m currently looking at 2 options below:

1.Upgrade Remedy Server to latest version, purchase new hardware, and use the
same platform (Solaris 10) .

OR