From: Mueller, Doug [via ARS (Action Request System)]
[mailto:ml-node+5004852-265296041-94...@n2.nabble.com]
Sent: Tuesday, May 04, 2010 2:25 PM
To: Kemes, Lisa
Subject: Re: Still See Fields After I Deleted Them

Lisa,

If the fields are in the Fields Not In View list, then they have not been
deleted.  They have simply been moved out of the view.

To delete a field, select the field and choose the Delete option (under the Edit
menu).

If a field is not in the view, you can either
   1) Go to a view that has the field in view
   2) Go to the Fields Not in View list and move it into the view

Then, the field is there, you can select it, and select the Delete option.

There will be a dialog that shows up asking if you really want to delete the
field.  Respond Yes to really delete the field.

Then, save the form.

The field will be deleted -- from the form and so from all views.

The only way that the field is present in the list of fields whether in view
or not in view is that it really exists and has not been deleted.  That would
be why you are seeing it on lists of fields -- it is really there.

Some people think that just by taking a field off the view -- moving it from in
view to not in view -- will delete it.  Only Deleting a field will gaurantee
deleting it.

Now, if the field is a piece of trim, removing from all views may cause the
field to be deleted because it no longer has meaning because all it is is a
display.  BUT, this is a side effect and may or may not happen (I don't remember
whether it does or not).  If you want a field deleted, select it and select the
Delete operation and it will be deleted.

I hope this helps,

Doug Mueller