  From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arsl...@arslist.org]on Behalf Of Opela, Gary L CTR USAF ABW 72
ABW/SCOOA
  Sent: Thursday, May 27, 2010 10:20 AM
  To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
  Subject: Mid-Tier 6.3 p21 not serving up SOME of the JSP pages

  **
  Mid-Tier 6.3 P 021

  AR Server 7.1

  Windows 2k3

  I have tested out NewAtlanta servlet exec to make sure it is working. They
suggest going to the test page that displays the current time
(https://localhost/servlet/DateServlet, that all works.

  Login.jsp works. Config.jsp works. From the Configuration Tool page, I get
the following result:

  Overview (/arsys/shared/config/config_overview.jsp) works

  General Settings (/arsys/shared/config/config_general.jsp) works

  AR Server Settings (/arsys/shared/config/config_arslist.jsp) works

  Cache Settings (/arsys/shared/config/config_cache.jsp) works

  Web Service Settings (arsys/shared/config/config_webservice.jsp) DOES NOT
WORK   ß this is not a big deal for this one.

  Log Settings (arsys/shared/config/config_logs.jsp) DOES NOT WORK

  Change Password (arsys/shared/config/config_password.jsp) DOES NOT WORK

  Also that doesn’t work, from the AR Server Settings page:

  Add Server (arsys/shared/config/config_add_arserver.jsp) and Edit
(arsys/servlet/DeleteServerServlet?) buttons don’t work.

  The pages that don’t load all give me “The website cannot display the
 page” error. I thought at first it was New Atlanta, I read that it can have
issues with IIS if you are using multiple application pools, which I am.
However, if it were New Atlanta, why would some of the jsps serve up and
some not?

  Also worth mentioning, the JSP issue was here prior to my upgrading of the
remedy server to 7.1, and the web server and ar server are on separate
boxes.

  My root error I’m trying to troubleshoot is one that I’ve seen other
people run into a lot: ARERR[623] Authentication failed. This is not an
authentication failed error due to my remedy login account and password not
matching, this is an issue with the Mid-Tier itself trying to connect to the
remedy server.

  Thanks,

  Gary Opela, Jr.