Midtier 7.0 works fine against the 6.3 arserverd, but I think there are issues with webservices if you use the 7.1 midtier against a 6.3 arserverd.

Sent from my iPod

On Jun 2, 2010, at 1:46 PM, Joe D'Souza <jdso...@shyle.net> wrote:

If the java version does not match exactly then you might have a business case for your server admins that they need to respect the requirement for the version of Mid-Tier you are running.. Or get approvals for upgrading your mid-tier to a higher version. In my past experience Mid-tier 7.x works fine with ARS 6.x. I haven't really encountered any problems (I was on Linux
as far as the Mid-tiers were concerned when I did that though).

Joe

-----Original Message-----
From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arsl...@arslist.org]on Behalf Of Opela, Gary L CTR USAF ABW 72
ABW/SCOOA
Sent: Wednesday, June 02, 2010 9:46 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Mid-Tier 6.3 p21 not serving up SOME of the JSP pages

Joe, I'm troubleshooting two problems. The HTTP 500 error is not related to being able to log into the mid-tier, only to being able to load some of the
configuration pages.

My other error is the standard ARERR[623] Authentication Failed. It is with the back-end permissions. So, I went in to the config page to change the password set with my remedy server to which I authenticate with my remedy server, but that page doesn't serve up. So, because of the first listed
error, I cannot resolve the second listed error!

I'll try rolling back the version of Java, but I'm not sure if that will fly with our server admins. The error with serving up the JSP pages started
quite some time ago, long before I upgraded my AR Server.

Thanks,

Gary Opela, Jr.
Sr. Remedy Engineer
Avaya Phone Admin