Marcelo,

I always dread these types of requests.  I don't think any workflow is
dependent on reported source field but as a general practice I try to
avoid modifying ITSM objects as much as I can.  I handle it by creating
a dummy field and hiding the original.

Ben Cantatore
Remedy Manager
(914) 457-6209

Emerging Health IT
3 Odell Plaza
Yonkers, New York 10701

>>> marc...@cpchem.com 06/09/10 12:20 PM >>>

I have been asked to modify and remove some of the selection attributes
for the field "Reported Source" in Incident Management (ITSM 7.0.03).  I
would like to know if there is any adverse effect in removing selection
values.
For example: Delete option "Fax". Rename option "Systems Management" to
System Generated. Etc.

Also, going forward, what is the best way to find out if changing a OOB
field or field value will affect other OOB functionality (i.e.
notifications, approvals, SLAs, etc)?

Thanks,
Marcelo