A couple of questions that will determine the complexity of the process:

Do you have any localized data currently in the database?  Particularly CJK
data or any other type of multi-byte or localized data?  Have clients
connected to your remedy server using a localized version of windows and
entered/pasted or otherwise inserted localized data into your db?

Have you used any non 7-bit ASCII characters in any of your form or workflow
definitions (copied any data from word into the notes or change history of
any workflow definitions)?

What version of ARServer was initially installed when the system was built?
 What versions of the Remedy User Tool do/have people used (earliest
version)?

All of the non-Unicode to Unicode upgrades I've done have been from a 6.x o
7.x Remedy server (6.0.1 to 7.0.1 and 6.3 to 7.5), so I can't speak as to
how one should upgrade with the versions you are working with.

Axton Grams

The opinions, statements, and/or suggested courses of action expressed in
this E-mail do not necessarily reflect those of BMC Software, Inc.  My
voluntary participation in this forum is not intended to convey a role as a
spokesperson, liaison or public relations representative for BMC Software,
Inc.