We have a complete automated solution utilizing SSIS Scripts which will:

   1. 7zip the complete "last night full backup" of production
   2. FTP the compressed file to the target system (test / dev / etc)
   3. Uncompress the remote file
   4. shutdown remedy processes
   5. restore the database
   6. grant User Permissions (Restore removes the permissions for ARAdmin
   account)
   7. Updates the various remedy tables replacing the server name, etc
   (Configurable)
   8. Starts up remedy

This works quite well - including the logging of activities into a remedy
table in order to provide timing and alerting on success / failures...
The only "issues" are:

   1. Duration of / and sometimes failure of FTP - The SSIS Script can
   detect it can generate error to restart job - but unfortunately the systems
   don't support restartable FTP :(
   2. Target DB Size - you are transferring production of XX GB to DEV
   where really only foundation data only is needed
   3. Target DB Size - the nightly full backups of DEV / Test are now XX GB
   4. SQL Performance on DEV / TEST - since the DB is now HUGE - so the SQL
   Servers for Performance must be capable of supporting a huge database -
   Normally Dev / Test are a shared SQL environment because of the size and
   performance requirements

If you would like more information - please contact me directly
Robert Molenda - Principal Consultant - Infosys Technologies

(Note original message thread deleted because of "maximum size" by the list
server caused it to be rejected)