Sorry forgot to add the following:

Lessons Learned:

1) Restoring a 2005 SQL database to a 2008 SQL database may have been
the culprit.
2) Even if your 2008 database is running in 2005 Mode - this will
cause unusual problems.
3) ar.cfg needs to be updated.
4) For some reason the ARAdmin User gets dropped in some cases - so
you have to recreate it.
5) Verify that ARAdmin has the right privileges or it will fail...
5) If you change your ARAdmin password in production, but keep the
default elsewhere - you will have to:
    a) Make it consistent across all servers.
    b) Hard code it in the ar.cfg File if this is "after the restore".
    c) If you hard code any passwords - change it from the System
Console to re-encrypt.

I think these were key to getting the system up and operational.

I hope this will help someone else in the future.