Agreed. But the order of the XML should not matter. If I define a schema as
follows:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<xs:schema xmlns:xs="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema";>
  <xs:element name="GavinsTest">
    <xs:complexType>
          <xs:element name="UserDetails" maxoccurs="unbounded">
          <xs:complexType>
            <xs:sequence>
                <xs:element name="FirstName" type="xs:string"></xs:element>

                <xs:element name="LastName" type="xs:string"></xs:element>
                <xs:element name="MiddleName" type="xs:string"></xs:element>
                <xs:element name="PhoneNumber" type="xs:string"></xs:element>
                </xs:sequence>
          </xs:complexType>
         </xs:element>
        </xs:element>
    </xs:complexType>
  </xs:element>
</xs:schema>

And your system provides me with (I.e. Data in a different order to that
specified above)

.....<UserDetails>
                <PhoneNumber>12345</PhoneNumber>
                <LastName>Smith</LastName>
                <FirstName>Fred</FirstName>
                <MiddleName>Ignatius</MiddleName>
        </UserDetails>

Then my system should be able to cope with this. The order of the elements
should make no difference.

My comment was simply that the SAP system we integrate with cannot cope with
this and throws an error. I don't believe SAP uses a true XML parser (I think
that's what it would be) and therefore I have to ensure that I send the data in
the correct order SAP is expecting.

Thanks,

Gavin Coleman
Senior Analyst/Programmer
Computacenter (UK) Ltd
Services & Solutions
Hatfield Avenue
Hatfield, Hertfordshire, AL10 9TW, United Kingdom
T: +44 (0) 1707 631662
E: gavin.cole...@computacenter.com
W: www.computacenter.com