Hi,

Since you specify in the XML schema that the element should occour in
a sequence (<xs:sequence>), then they have to be in sequence.

If you want the elemets to be in whatever order you want use the "all" element.
Example:
    <xs:all>
      <xs:element name="firstname" type="xs:string"/>
      <xs:element name="lastname" type="xs:string"/>
    </xs:all>

But keep in mid, not all parsers(and systems) do support the all element.

--
Jarl