Hmmm.  I don't know how well installing p1 over p2 would work.  It
definitely doesn't sound safe.  However I wouldn't be surprised if just
replacing a p2 aie.exe with a p1 aie.exe (maybe this is what you were
referring to, not a full install)  corrects the issues we had with p2.
Problem is are there other more important things that p2 aie.exe fixed?

I think it is safe to install p2 and then put in a ticket for an aie.exe
build that fixes these issues before you try using AIE (if you plan on using
these features).

Jason