From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of Kemes, Lisa
Sent: Thursday, March 03, 2011 7:36 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: SMTP Error on stderr.log file

**

We are on ARS 7.1 p7, Windows 2003 (Oracle) and we are getting these errors
constantly on our stderr.log file:

Mar 2, 2011 4:59:36 PM com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPTransport openServer
SEVERE: Could not connect to SMTP host: terelay.tycoelectronics.net, port: 25
javax.mail.MessagingException: Could not connect to SMTP host:
terelay.tycoelectronics.net, port: 25;
  nested exception is:
        at com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPTransport.openServer(SMTPTransport.java:1282)
        at
com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPTransport.protocolConnect(SMTPTransport.java:370)
        at javax.mail.Service.connect(Service.java:275)
        at
com.bmc.arsys.emaildaemon.SenderModule.openTransport(SenderModule.java:419)
        at com.bmc.arsys.emaildaemon.SenderModule.doWork(SenderModule.java:191)
        at com.bmc.arsys.emaildaemon.ThreadBase.run(ThreadBase.java:288)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect
        at com.sun.mail.util.SocketFetcher.createSocket(SocketFetcher.java:232)
        at com.sun.mail.util.SocketFetcher.getSocket(SocketFetcher.java:189)
        at com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPTransport.openServer(SMTPTransport.java:1250)
        ... 6 more

We are NOT using SSL at this time and I tried telnet to this
terelay.tycoelectronics.net and it sends an email just fine.

None of our users has complained about not receiving any notifications.

Why are we seeing these errors when the connection looks fine to me.

I've also tried restarting the Email Services just to see if something needed
refreshed.

We are using the same setup for our Dev Server and of course, no errors...

Lisa Kemes
AR System Developer
Tyco Electronics
717-810-2408 tel