Hi,

Make sure to issue the command (telnet/putty) from the actual AR Server.

You may have a firewall somewhere between the AR Server and the
SMTP-server, or the SMTP-server is not configured to accept connections
from your AR Server.

Or the SMTP server may have been inaccessible for a short period of time,
when the error message was recorded.

If a message fails in this way, the Email Engine will try to send it again.

You should have this error message logged in the AR System Email Error
Logs, connected to the original message via ($Email ID$ = 'Email ID').

        Best Regards - Misi, RRR AB, http://www.rrr.se

Products from RRR Scandinavia (Best R.O.I. Award at WWRUG10):