From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of Walters, Mark
Sent: Wednesday, March 16, 2011 10:00 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: SSI 7.6.04 64 bit vs 32 bit questions

Yes, there are a mix of 32 and 64 bit components, this is true for Windows and
Unix versions of ARS.  Generally speaking only the server itself and those
components that link directly to it (CMDB) have been made available as 64 bit
binaries as they can benefit from the extra memory available to 64 bit
processes.  Having said that, 7.6.04 also introduced the option to use 64 bit
versions of Java for the mid-tier and plugin servers I think.

The installer will automatically install the appropriate version of ARS for the
platform you are running it on - I don't believe you can choose to install the
32 bit version on 64 bit Windows for example.

An application is either 32 or 64 bit - you can't take a 32 bit exe and force
it run in any sort of 64 bit mode.

Mark

I work for BMC, I don't speak for them.