From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList) on behalf of patrick zandi
Sent: Wed 16/03/2011 04:52 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: ITSM 7.6.4

** Geographically separated mid-tiers is not recommended.
making servers geographically separated (using DSO) and mid-tiers with them is.
 The network traffic between a mid-tier and the ARS server should be protected,
at a high level of encryption, and to further put it geographically separated
over a wan is a performance killer.

IMHO

Put the mid-tier and the Server on the same Physical Switch (reducing time)
use a group of mid-tier's (they are just clients) load balanced to increase
speed.
Use the pre-load to increase speed, Tune the oracle tables associated with the
common IO calls people are having.
The top 10
user indexes appropriately
use efficient queries
consider using set fields actions in filters instead of active links
avoid using filters which perform run process
stagger escalations times
use direct sql, $PROCESS$, sparingly
avoid sending notifications to many addressees
minimize the number of diary and long character Fields
avoid admin tool def changes during peak hours
keep you application design simple
implement DSO
allocate enough shared memory in the tomcat and server
provide adequate computer and network resource.