Ø  I know you have mentioned before how some information is sensitive and BMC
needs to be careful of what may fall into the hands of the competition.

Ø  I can see how RFE details/time-lines could fall into this arena however you
have a passionate community here wanting to help.  There must be something that
can be done?

Not just competition but also issues around how much information from one
customer can be made visible to another without prior consent/acceptance of
terms.

But it is a reasonable point and one that has been debated internally for at
least 5 years now.  Since the RFE process is a BMC wide process - not just for
Remedy branded products - any changes to it of such nature need to be approved
across the entire company.  i.e. the "rules" need to work for Remedy customers,
BladeLogic customers, Patrol customers, etc.   As you can imagine, such changes
therefore take a modicum of effort to come to any consensus... ;-)

The conversations around RFEs come up at least once a year.  I'll certainly
reference this thread the next time it is up for discussion.

-David J. Easter
Manager of Product Management, Remedy Platform
BMC Software, Inc.

The opinions, statements, and/or suggested courses of action expressed in this
E-mail do not necessarily reflect those of BMC Software, Inc.  My voluntary
participation in this forum is not intended to convey a role as a spokesperson,
liaison or public relations representative for BMC Software, Inc.