I agree that group translation is useful and I can even see where it could be
useful to have a contact record that would have a group ID instead of an email
address, but the price of making a mistake is disturbingly high.

I think it wouldn't hurt to have the option to prevent emails to "Public" (and
perhaps some of the other common groups like "General Access"), in the same way
that you can configure ARS to disallow unqualified searches.  It's an option
that almost everyone would want to have active while still allowing a unique
customer to turn it off.  I'm guessing that, as usual, we'll have to do it
first so Remedy can use it in the next patch. . . ;^)

So does anyone know where the translation taking place off-hand?  Is it a
central location or a common action in several modules?

Kelly Logan, Sr. Systems Administrator (Remedy), GMS
ProQuest | 789 E. Eisenhower Parkway, P.O. Box 1346 | Ann Arbor MI 48106-1346
USA | 734.997.4777
kelly.lo...@proquest.com<mailto:kelly.lo...@proquest.com>
www.proquest.com

ProQuest...Start here. 2010 InformationWeek 500 Top Innovator

you have received this email in error please notify the sender, and delete the
message from your computer.