You've considered developer mode being on....right?

-----Original Message-----
From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of Theo Fondse
Sent: Monday, June 13, 2011 5:39 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: *******ITSM 7.6.4 install in VM environment

Hi Enslin!

If this is a production environment, rather put your DB on a physical host -
especially if you need high throughput and/or reliability and/or good
performance.

(Otherwise, suffer in silence...)  :-)

One reliable, good performing VM environment would be Solaris/Oracle, but you
are using Micro...t.
We've had to solve some serious problems on 7.6.4 recently relating to running
the DB on a VM (Bad Performance and serious system outages).
It's OK to run everything else in a VM, but the DB should rather be on a
physical host if you want best performance & reliability.
If you use these servers for Dev or QA, I'd say, you can run the DB on a VM,
but be prepared for bad performance.

Alternatively, If you absolutely have to stick to these VM's, install Remedy
directly on the SQL box and beef up the RAM to 16Gb or more. Then use the old
APP VM for Mid-Tier & AIE on 8Gb RAM.
You won't gain extreme amounts of performance, but this split should give best
possible performance within that specific configuration set.

Also test your network and disk setups to see if they are performing optimally,
as disk and network could also have a huge impact on performance.

Best Regards,
Theo