JD,

We have an RFE on file with BMC for the 7.6.04 installer against Oracle RAC.
They have duplicated the issue. AR system installs fine on server 1 but when
going to server 2 in order to install AR system in a server grouping. The
installer completes but there are "weird" issues.  The plugin server fails and
when trying to get to the server information screen of AR System that too fails
(because it is a plugin server).  Because of this, it is impossible to license
the server and continue with the install after the AR System install (server
2). Thus the RFE. This isn't exactly like your problem but it is another case
of "weird" in Oracle RAC.

Installs have always been very difficult on Oracle RAC.  I found on the newer
versions, the installers choke on SID names.  The installers also seem to want
to go through only one node of the rack instead of the RAC name.  They also
have a hard time coping with the differences in syntax in the tnsnames.ora file
upon creation through the installer.  I think Oracle RAC is a toughy :-).  I
know I wish I knew more about Oracle RAC.

I know this might be a long shot but are you able to disconnect from the RAC
then reconnect through only one node of the RAC?  Possibly, it could be the
Oracle RAC failover capabilities that might be confusing ARSystem. It could be
causing a weird phenomenon in the cache.   Is it possible to make the Oracle
instance as close to a single Oracle instance as you can get?  If you can get
it to resemble a single node DB (i.e. take node 2 of the RAC offline start up
the instance as simple as possible and just with node 1's connect info).  Then
alter tnsnames.ora file to connect to and through that node only.  Possibly,
then starting arsystem. Then test and see.  I figure this probably isn't a
complete solution but hopefully it might get you somewhere down the path.